- We all know how much of a nuisance dark spots can be, however, for people with oily skin, acne can become a daily struggle.
- From excess oil causing unwanted shine and shifting makeup to finding products that will provide high-coverage without looking heavy or further clogging the pores, there are many things to remember that people with acne-prone skin are all too familiar with.
- It’s not all doom and gloom though, there are now many beauty products which contain ingredients to help combat the effects of oil-prone skin.
- It is also worth noting that of all the skin types, oily skin is the last to show signs of aging! We will let you know about the best concealers for acne prone skin!
Table of contents
⟐ Top 15 Concealers for Acne Prone Skin
Best Concealers for Acne-Prone Skin
- When you are looking for the best concealers for acne-prone skin, choose products that are tailored to your skin type.
- A concealer that is formulated for dry and dehydrated skin will likely emphasize the problems associated with oily skin and vice versa.
- Cosmetics designed for oily skin contain specific ingredients to disguise redness, reduce swelling, treat your breakouts, and last throughout the day because your skin deserves to look as fabulous as you feel.
Conceal don't feel, don't let it show!
With many cosmetics out there promising to eliminate acne and camouflage pimples, it’s difficult to know where to begin when choosing the best concealer for acne-prone skin. From pimples and blackheads to adult acne and swollen cysts, we have found the most effective non- comedogenic concealers, which are specifically designed for oily complexions, so you don’t have to!
1. Our Favorite Concealer For Acne Prone Skin
Clinique Acne Solutions Clearing Concealer
This long-lasting and high-coverage concealer from Clinique’s Acne Solutions range is the perfect companion for oil-prone skin.
The Clearing concealer contains salicylic acid, renowned for its pore-clearing and antibacterial properties, to help clear and prevent blemishes whilst it disguises them, or ‘conceal as it heals’ as Clinique says.
With a touch of green to reduce any redness caused by your acne-prone skin, the liquid formula glides onto the skin to create an even complexion and is suitable to wear alone or alongside other makeup products.
The medicated concealer is gentle on the skin and soothing. There are no harsh ingredients that might irritate your skin.
2. Best Value For A Non Comedogenic Concealer
NYX Professional Makeup Wand
The ultimate drugstore gem! NYX Professional Makeup Wand offers beautiful, easy to blend, high-coverage which rivals its high-end counterparts.
This is one of the best concealers for acne prone skin. This silky liquid concealer is available in over 20 unique shades including color-correcting green, yellow, and lavender, to disguise any blemishes.
One of the best concealers for acne-prone skin and those with a passion for kind cosmetics, all the NYX cosmetics are cruelty-free, so you can rest knowing that they harmed no animals in the making of your flawless complexion.
Dermablend Quick-Fix Full Coverage Concealer
Arguably the best concealer for acne-prone skin and sensitive complexions, Quick-Fix Full Coverage Concealer has long been touted as the no.1 clinical concealer, offering a natural finish in a classic stick formula.
Dermablend’s non-comedogenic concealer provides long-lasting, flawless coverage using no chemicals and is dermatologist and allergy-tested so you can enjoy high-coverage without harming your sensitive, acne-prone skin.
Stila Stay All Day Foundation and Concealer
Possibly one of the best concealers for acne-prone skin, the ultra-long-wearing, and water-resistant formula will keep your skin looking flawless all day long. Doubling up as a foundation, this high-coverage and high-definition, matte liquid foundation, and cream-concealer create a lightweight and seamless finish.
Veil Cosmetics Complexion Fix
Blending hydrating hyaluronic acid and anti-aging peptides to brighten and soothe oil-prone skin. This radiant, oil-free, liquid formula will conceal your blemishes with a beautifully smooth and natural finish.
You won’t have to worry about skin irritation or blocked pores. Their products are dermatologist tested, non-comedogenic, free from chemicals, and 100% vegan, so your natural beauty can shine through with a clear conscience.
Boo-Boo Cover-Up Concealer
This versatile concealer from Boo-Boo Cover-Up combines the natural healing properties of tea tree oil and aloe vera with the calming and soothing benefits of green tea, chamomile, and vitamin E for the ultimate acne-prone skin hero.
The innovative, creamy formula hides a multitude of sins, from scratches and bruises to pimples and cystic acne. Boo-Boo Cover-Up Concealer is one of the best concealers for acne-prone skin offering effective healing, soothing relief, and unbeatable coverage.
Neutrogena SkinClearing Blemish Concealer
Neutrogena is a company that has been a long-time favorite among people with oil-prone skin for their effective clearing cleansers and daily moisturizers, however, they now bring their expertise to the world of cosmetics.
Their SkinClearing Blemish Concealer is packed with a multitude of ingredients promising to combat the health and appearance of oily complexions. Using powerful salicylic acid to treat blemishes, this oil-free and non-comedogenic concealer will heal breakouts whilst providing beautifully natural coverage.
Almay Clear Complexion Concealer
The best concealer for acne-prone skin when you are looking for a magnificent matte finish. The non-comedogenic concealer is infused with aloe and chamomile to soothe and calm skin. They pack it full of super-strength salicylic acid to fight blemishes as it conceals.
The beautiful liquid concealer seamlessly blends into your skin, leaving imperfections untraceable with a flawless matte finish. Cruelty-free, dermatologist-tested, hypoallergenic, and free from fragrances; the concealer with a conscious is a must for anyone with acne-prone skin.
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
Maybelline created concealer magic once again with this luxuriously silky liquid concealer. The product has developed somewhat of a cult following over the years since its release, and with excellent reason!
Proving oil-prone skin can achieve a glowing complexion, the lightweight and oil-free formula provides breathable and natural-looking coverage to disguise imperfections. With over ten complexion-adjusting shades to choose from, Maybelline’s non-comedogenic concealer will leave you looking flawlessly fabulous.
End Zit Acne Control Drying Lotion
Maybe the product doesn’t have the cutest name, but this is a holy grail cosmetic for anyone who suffers from acne-prone skin. The medicated formula is specifically created to dry and heal blemishes fast, whilst disguising their appearance.
Unlike most concealers, the lotion comes in a screw-top bottle with a pipette to apply the product to the skin and can be applied twice daily to acne breakouts for treatment and coverage. The non- comedogenic concealer is not just hypoallergenic, non-irritating and dermatologist approved but is acknowledged to be one of the fastest and most productive cosmetics to heal pimples.
Containing powerful blemish banishing ingredients such as zinc oxide, talc, and titanium dioxide, the healing concealer makes an effective treatment for breakouts, blackheads, and oily t-zones whilst hiding any unsightly skin concerns.
bareMinerals Blemish Remedy Concealer
Famed for its innovative cosmetic products, bareMinerals Blemish Concealer offers full-coverage in the form of a thick and creamy stick for precise application. Infused with soothing aspen bark and naturally healing tea-tree oil, the product works in harmony with natural ingredients to reduce the appearance of blemishes and reduce the look of redness for healthier-looking and glowing skin.
From cystic acne to pimples, their non-comedogenic formula makes for long-lasting, lightweight, and effective coverage for oil-prone skin so you don’t have to worry about topping your concealer up throughout the day.
Jane Iredale Disappear Full Coverage Concealer
If you’re a fan of a matte finish, look no further than Jane Iredale’s Disappear Full Coverage Concealer for an unbeatable coverage. A luxurious liquid concealer containing the soothing properties of Willow Bark Extract so your skin is calmed as the concealers camouflage all imperfections.
The opaque non-comedogenic concealer is perfect for acne-prone skin, providing unbeatable coverage for blemishes, cystic acne, scars, and tattoos so you can feel confidently flawless all day long.
It Cosmetics Bye Bye BreakOut Concealer
Another revolutionary product by It Cosmetics, their Bye Bye BreakOut Concealer is created to disguise, diminish and eliminate blemishes.
Specifically developed for acne-prone skin; hydrolyzed collagen, oil-absorbing zinc oxide, and kaolin clay work alongside witch hazel, tea tree, sulfur, and a gentle AHA/BHA complex to form a powerhouse of acne clearing and anti-aging ingredients.
The ideal concealer for wise women suffering from adult acne, providing high and long-lasting coverage in a lightweight liquid formula. Hide a multitude of sins from acne to discoloration without having to deal with any creasing or cracking. Watch your blemishes disappear with the perfect non-comedogenic concealer, it is called Bye Bye BreakOut for a reason!
MAKE Cosmetics Soft Focus Corrective Duo Concealer
A magnificently versatile product designed to conceal and erase blemishes, discoloration, and fine lines. Infused with marine-derived collagen and squalene to glide onto the skin and seamlessly cover any imperfections for a flawlessly natural look.
Perfect for acne-prone skin suffering from the effects of inflammation or skin that has shown sensitivity to other products. The creamy formula is paraben-free, hypoallergenic and against animal testing, so you can feel your best knowing you achieved beautiful skin using a beautiful product.
15 - For Him
KODE Men's Concealer Stick
Whilst we believe that all concealers are gender-neutral, it is wonderful to know that KODE is attempting to not exclude men from enjoying an even complexion and boosted confidence.
Using razors and after-shaves can leave oil-prone skin irritated, KODE Men’s Concealer is fragrance-free and mineral-based to avoid further aggravation. The long-lasting and matte finish offers top coverage with an undetectably subtle finish.
What to look for when choosing a concealer for acne?
- Many people believe that you should avoid using makeup if you have acne-prone skin as they could exacerbate the issue further.
- Whilst this may be the case if you are choosing the wrong cosmetics for your skin type, if you look for products customized for oily skin, it is possible to disguise breakouts whilst giving your skin a little medicated treatment.
- There are several factors to consider when you are looking for the best concealer for acne-prone skin.
- From staying power to providing a natural finish, you want to ensure that your cosmetics are leaving you feeling confident rather than concerned that they are potentially worsening your acne.
- By keeping the following in mind, you will find the perfect concealer to make you feel like the best version of you.
- Finding the color to suit your skin type is the first step to achieving a flawless complexion.
- It will not matter how effective the product is if your skin tone is cool with pink undertones and you choose a product that is designed for warm skin with yellow undertones.
- You will immediately draw attention to any problematic areas and emphasize the issues instead of disguising them.
- Spend a little time to find the perfect shade for your gorgeous complexion.
- Anyone with oil-prone skin knows how cosmetics like to shift as the day goes on.
- This happens when the excess sebum from our skin lifts product from the surface making our complexion appear patchy.
- Look for products that are specifically designed for oily skin and contain ingredients such as salicylic acid and tea tree to keep oil-production at bay whilst you go about your day.
- Non-comedogenic concealers are superb for this, by allowing your pores to breathe and avoiding any further blockage.
- You need to ensure that your concealer will hide your blemishes rather than emphasize them and cosmetics made with oily skin concerns in mind, will provide effective coverage whilst looking as natural as possible.
- It would seem obvious to think the best concealer acne-prone skin would be high-coverage, however, a natural-medium coverage can work just, if not better.
- Concealers offering a buildable coverage is best when you are looking to hide imperfections, so you can create a seamless and undetectable finish.
- Oily skin is often sensitive skin, and many products contain ingredients that exacerbate this issue.
- When skin is irritated, its immediate reaction is to produce more sebum, which is a nightmare for oil-prone skin.
- Avoid products containing alcohol, parabens, and chemicals and instead search for cosmetics that are dermatologist tested, hypoallergenic, and fragrance-free.
- Check the label before you buy it!
- There are many ingredients to look for depending on what you would like to achieve with your concealer.
- If you would like a concealer that treats your blemishes as it hides them, look for acne-fighting ingredients such as salicylic acid, glycolic acid, witch hazel, and zinc oxide.
- To soothe and calm angry and inflamed skin, ingredients such as chamomile, willow bark, aloe vera, and vitamin E will prevent breakouts from worsening throughout the day.
- Look for non-comedogenic concealers for the ultimate long-lasting coverage for oil-prone skin types.
Why choose a non-comedogenic concealer?
Oily skin is caused by the overproduction of sebum under its surface. When our pores become blocked, the excess sebum has nowhere to escape to and so it builds up, causing unsightly breakouts and blackheads. There are many reasons our pores become blocked, however, there is one way to help ensure that we do not aggravate the problem any further with our cosmetics, by choosing a non-comedogenic concealer.
You deserve to feel your most confident and most beautiful and we hope that our list has helped you find your next holy grail concealer!